« Pop Quiz Trivia: Funny People—Comedians at the National Portrait Gallery | Main | Chancellorsville, Part One: Once Again, across the Rappahannock »

April 26, 2013

http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00e550199efb8833017d4323b9b2970c

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Beneath the Surface, an Unusual Installation :

Shannon

I found this to be a very interesting article. I attend a number of showing and visit museums wherever I go to view their collections. In my lifetime I would venture I have been to over 1000 museums and art galleries and I don't remember ever wondering at what went on behind the scenes to have a painting displayed for my viewing pleasure. This article was an eyeopener for sure. Now I can see myself not only wondering what the artist was thinking or feeling while he or she painted, but what restoration techniques were used or how a paint was fixed to the wall.