« "Twas the Night Before Christmas" by Clement Clarke Moore | Main | Portrait of Barry Goldwater by Burton Silverman »

December 30, 2009

Mark Johnson

The reversal of role and prominence of the female subject 'turning her back' on the 'heart of the home' tells a significant story, even without the excerpt from the artist statement. Psychological tension both between people, and, people and place is clearly seen in these posing choices. A fantastic image and deserving of wall space at the NPG!

peter Madden

I just love the juxtaposition of Sarah and David representing the breakdown of their relationship with the experience of the memories of the loss symbolised by the boxes.
Great photograph to ponder for a long time. Many thanks

C Connelly

I came across this image at Light Work in Syracuse, NY in December of 2010 and it has stayed with me for the months that have followed. Once I had left, I realized that I had not signed the book at the exhibition - my message however would have been simple and clear:

"Sarah, you have my heart; David, I hope you will be ok even though I can never tell you; and Yolanda, thank you"

Clearly imposing my own experiences here, but it was the first time an image touched me this way. Waking up after all these years...