« In Memoriam, Mark Planisek, 1959–2009 | Main | Portrait of George Washington by Robert Edge Pine »

July 01, 2009

http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00e550199efb8833011570a4ddbe970c

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Portrait Competition: Finalists and Shortlisted Artists Selected:

Pablo

How did I not *know* about this!?!?! I assume the competition will be repeated next year...???

Either way, I very much look forward to seeing this year's selections. Congrats to all!

Kristopher

When will these images be available online? I'm so curious to view them.

National Portrait Gallery

Kristopher,

Thank you for the question. We will be posting images on the Outwin Boochever Portrait Competition website ( http://portraitcompetition.si.edu ) when the juried exhibition opens on October 23. The exhibition includes 49 works that will be on view October 23 through Aug. 22, 2010, at the National Portrait Gallery.

Sulumits Retsambew

We waiting the image here.

Susan Bagby

can't wait to see the selections!

Thomas Jenkins

I saw the Associated Press article
( written by By Michelle Roberts)
explaining the artwork of Matthew Mitchell.

It talked about the life-sized oil painting of Retired Army Sgt. Richard Yarosh as one of the contest winners.

RE ASOC.PRESS: "The Yarosh painting is part of a series of portraits by Mitchell begun four years ago, when he set out to paint 100 military personnel or others who served in Iraq and Afghanistan. With 30 completed so far, each of the portraits is 26-by-30 inches with roughly the same head-and-shoulders framing. Yarosh’s portrait is No. 23."

I'm posting this on Wed Oct21st
and very much looking forward to seeing the entire portrait exhibition this weekend.

kerja keras adalah energi kita

theres also program in my country call face to face and its very famous.

John Parters

I know this guy - Jenny Dubnau, Jackson Heights, N.Y.. I've seen his work and IMHO he's excellent. BTW, it's the first time I've heard about this competition... pity
loan online