« Presidential Trivia for Election Time, part IV | Main | Portrait Competition Update »

November 06, 2008

http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00e550199efb8833010535df3138970c

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference New Exhibition: The Mask of Lincoln:

Russell Lewis, Executive Vice President and Chief Historian, Chicago History Museum

I saw the exhibition when it first opened in November, and thought it was one of he best Lincoln exhibitions I have ever seen. Now that six months have passed in the bicentennial year of Lincoln, I feel even stronger about this exhibition. Lincoln is everywhere, but I think I will remember most this wonderfully accessible gem of an exhibition that teaches us so much about Lincoln and his time, and how we can view him today through the eyes of his public. I have only now had a chance to hear David Ward's audio tour and to read his posting. I learned a great deal from the exhibition and the writings, and I hope you publish something on this. I was especially intrigued to see the image of Lincoln made after the Thomas Hicks portrait, which is part of my museum's collection (Chicago History Museum.

Kudos, bravo, and congratulations.